Monday, June 22, 2009

Things have started to get difficult..

As I have been getting less sleep, I have noticed my desire to withdraw become greater. I have been so tired that all I want to do is go back to my room after meetings and just do things by myself. Then, I feel guilty that I am not spending time with my friends.. I guess I just need to understand that sometimes I need to push myself, and sometimes I need to rest. It is just a matter of being flexible yet responsible for my own needs.

Kitchen has improved so much! As the days go by, tasks have become more familiar. I got to make danishes again, yesterday! And, I am comfortable making the GSP cold lunch (sandwich meet, lettuce, tomato, cheese, chips, cookies, and salad). Familiarity is such a blessing.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be our days off; our work week is from thursday-monday. :) I am definitely excited for a break! Hopefully, I will be able to make it to walmart to pick up some fruit and some snacks! Tuesday we are having GSP olympics. I'm not sure what that entails.. but I guess we will see. Wednesday we are completely free -- its our sabbath! :)

Oh boy... I haven't quite processed this yet, but this morning I was talking to Kanini, one of my housemates, and she proceeded to tell me that when she first met me she thought that I was here for fun and not for Jesus. Then as she has gotten to know me, she has been surprised by my depth and my desire to understand. In some ways this is both encouraging and discouraging.

I can't believe this is only the end of the first week... seven more to go! It will be really nice to form deeper friendships as the summer goes on.

Prayer Requests:

1. Please pray that I may have more energy!!! Waking up at 6:45 am is not my favorite... Pray that I may be restored physically, as well as emotionally and spiritually.
2. Pray that I might be more open to God. I have found myself incredibly resistant, like never before. At our group meetings... I become so distracted by the "lingo" of Christianity that I fail to see peoples hearts. I want to love others.. but I am so judgemental. Please pray that I may see my place here at the Navigators. So many have been involved for so long, that it is easy for me to feel out of place. Pray that I may discover more of what God has planned for my life, as I draw nearer to Him.
3. Please pray for patience for my housemates and I. It is difficult understanding each other sometime... we have different ways of living according to our unique cultures. Pray that we may experience understanding, not judgement.
4. Please pray for patience in the kitchen. There is one guy in particular that my team struggles to understand. He has some special needs, which makes it difficult to learn from him.


Thank you so much for being such wonderful friends. I miss you all!

Love,
Krista

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you love.

    Sounds like a lot of potential for growth, particuarly with relating to your friends from different cultures and learning from them.

    ReplyDelete