Sunday, June 28, 2009

Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?

"What if I stumble" by DC Talk grabbed my attention today while I was working in the kitchen. I don't think I have ever looked at the lyrics before.. I encourage all of you to look at it!

Well.. I have a lot to share but I don't think I will be able to remember it all!

First... Last night we went to a Sky Sox Baseball game. I believe it is a minor league team -- not completely sure though. It was SO funny to watch how people responded to their first US baseball experience. First of all, the game was delayed by 1 hr 45 min because of rain!! Luckily we were able to entertain ourselves with chants. One of the Africans, John, led our team in many chants (some american, some kenyan, and some south korean). He also led the whole stadium in the wave!!! Wow -- so crazy.

During the game I had an interesting conversation with my friend Josh from Australia. It all started with me asking if he missed home. His first answer was, "no". So I asked "why?" which led to a whole series of deep questions. I was so shocked at how open he was. Honestly, I think he was shocked, too. Eventually, we were talking about death (quite an odd topic for a baseball game). That's when things got really emotional. Wow. I'm still not sure how to respond!

Ahh... running out of time. I have to go to dinner. I'll post more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment