Sunday, July 26, 2009

"You are special!" - I am reminded of Brian Schulenburg's famous sermon! This morning started off really well. I was picked up from my residence so that I could go to breakfast with Christine, one of the associate program directors. We talked a lot about life and decisions.. and then she read me the book "You are special" by Max Lucado! There were some wonderful lessons within the book... some that I definitely need to learn to apply. I would recommend reading it if you have the chance!

THEN..

It started to rain right around the time I got off work.. what a bummer! As Julia and I were walking home, we were enticed by the puddles. I innocently dared her to jump in a small puddle in front of her. She did after a little persuasion. Then.. she challenged me to jump in a larger puddle near the soccer field. I did. THEN.. we came across this HUGE puddle. We both jumped in it and our pants were completely wet. Seriously, it was the largest puddle I have seen in quite some time!

I've realized some fun things about myself these past few weeks...
1. I really really really like laser tag.. and I'm mildly competitive when I play.
2. I still enjoy jumping in puddles!
3. I want to ride in a hot air balloon
4. I don't know God nearly as intimately as I want to

Anyways.. it is time to do laundry!

I can't believe I'll be home in a little over 2 weeks! crazy!


1 comment:

  1. hmm.....I like that list.

    and I love that sermon message of Brian's. I thought of it recently too.

    annnd..I love you.

    ReplyDelete