I have been getting more and more sleep... but not consistently. And generally, I am not able to get to sleep before 11.
I find myself questioning why I decided to say that I need to go to sleep before 11 Sunday-Thursday. Then I am reminded that I once heard that you get the best sleep before midnight. It almost counts as 'double'. (If that is possible). It is probably because it is closer in rhythm to the natural circadian rhythms.
I was dog sitting at home last week, and it was really easy to follow my sleep schedule. I started going to sleep earlier because I had to wake up at 5:30 to commute to school! Yikes! of course 9:30 sounded like a nice bedtime... :D However, when I am living at school, conversations, games, movies, and other things fight for my time. I make excuses for why I should stay up just twenty minutes longer. However, I only find myself more and more tired.
This weekend I did a pretty good job at getting my homework done... friday night I finished part of my statistics, only to find out it was due this Friday instead of today! I also finished working on my lab report due tomorrow. Tuesday is generally my busiest day of the week, and if I don't start the homework early enough, I am overloaded Monday night. I usually end up staying up way too late... and then getting up later on Tuesday mornings. Yikes. It can be a vicious cycle sometimes.
Overall, my sleep schedule has become more regular. I have not stayed up past midnight for a while. Probably since Sunday March 1. So I guess it has been almost a week! That is a good improvement. I have stopped doing things late at night. If I have homework, I will do a little bit, but then put it away so that I can finish it in the morning. The earlier I go to sleep... the earlier I wake up... and the more sleep I am able to get!
Anyways, it is after 10:30, and I think my body is telling me to go to sleeeeeep! I've been sick with a cold these past few days, so good rest is well appreciated!
hi krista!!!
ReplyDelete